Half-Day Fishing Charter
The half-day charter is perfect for those people who have never taken a charter before or those with limited time. The tour departs from the Mooloolaba Yacht Club at 33-45 Parkyn Parade. We conduct 2 different half-day tours (morning and afternoon). The departure times are 5.30 am or 12.30 pm. We provide morning or afternoon tea, soft drinks, or water as well as the best fishing tackle setup you could ever want. To maximize the fishing time we concentrate on the inner reef system up to 12 nautical miles offshore. These areas often produce good catches of snapper, pearl perch, parrot, cod, and in summer a range of pelagic species.
Sea Runner II is our 31 ft Kevlacat and she packs a real punch with her twin 225hp 4-stroke outboard motors. Maximum occupancy is 9 people plus 2 crew. Top speed 30 knots.
Our boats contain a walk-in toilet, sunshade, seating, and a state of the art navigational fish finding equipment. We often record the days’ action on our GoPro cams.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Location: Sunshine Coast
- Inclusions: Morning/Afternoon Tea, Soft Drinks, Water, Fishing Tackle & Bait
- Price: $150
Itinerary and Tips
- Meet at the dock 5.00am or 12.00 noon
- Bring sunglasses, a hat and your camera.
- Wear sensible footwear and apply sunscreen before you leave home
- Re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours
- We leave the dock at 5.30am or 12.30pm sharp
- We arrive on the fishing ground within 30 minutes
- Rod, reels, tackle, drinks and morning or afternoon tea supplied